Mission Statement and Vision
We are a group of educators of color (and other interested parties) working together to identify and address issues affecting us as well as our students of color.
Our purpose is to create opportunitites for fellowship with other educators and families, to advocate for our needs, to address issues important to people of color, to empower people of color and give a voice to who we are, to ensure equity, to be involved in schools, to recruit ethnic minority educators and leaders, to perform outreach services, to build a network, and to provide connections to our communities.
We are in the business of holding events for educators and families of color in order to network, of connecting communities with schools to form ongoing and reciprocal relationships, of providing relevant educational speakers, forums and workshops, of conducting surveys and convening focus groups, of recruiting students of color as teachers, and of participating in political action.
- There are free, public school options that fit our students.
- It is important for teachers to mirror what our students look like.
- The diverse voices and perspectives of people of color need to be heard.
- Success for our teachers and students is built on relationships.
- That we need to build strong leaders of color and strong allies.
Contact the council office at 206-246-9308 for information.